Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scream for me

Hello fiction, my old friend. 

After my bad experience with the last book I tried to read, the last 24 hours have been a literary delight. I am reading Scream for Me by Karen Rose.  It has reminded me that all is right with the world.  Good fiction is still good fiction.

This particular novel is a thriller/ suspense.  One of my favorite genres, as I try to solve the puzzles before the characters do.  Good suspense lets me figure out small pieces of the mystery (so I can feel smart) but then surprises me in the end with something I didn't figure out but really should have seen coming.

This book has an added bonus.  It's a part two.  I know, I complained before about a book that was a part one.  But this book is done right.  Part one, Die for Me, was a complete story.  I didn't get to the end and feel like anything was missing.  I started reading part two not knowing that it was a part two.  Then I met a character that felt familiar, but I couldn't quite place.  Turns out he appeared in the previous book.  Now I get to find out what happened to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment