Sunday, January 16, 2011

High school friends

I'm not afraid to say it.  I'm in love with Karen Rose.  I am almost done with Scream for Me and I continue to be amazed by this woman's ability to weave a plot.  As I am reading, I keep remembering details from Die for Me that connect to the plot in this book.  And yet I finished the first book and had no idea that there was more to come.  I really thought the story was complete.  I would love to talk with her and find out if this was planned as two novels, or if she was just able to make insignificant details seem important later.

I do want to yell at her detective though.  Sometimes he doesn't ask the obvious questions.  Interviewing one victim about an incident that occurred in high school (her being attacked by a group), he gets the name of one of the attackers.  Why not follow up and at least ask who that person hung out with in high school?  Plot wise, it would jump the story forward too quickly, but in reality it's an obvious question and really stood out as missing.  I'm sure Rose is good enough that she could have found a way to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment