Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thursday's child

I knew there would be trouble from the start.  Allison, the "heroine" of Sandra Brown's Thursday's Child is a geneticist.  How did I know that would lead to trouble?  This book was written in 1985, it's a romance, and Brown does not have a strong background in the sciences.

My hypothesis was correct.

Allison gets away with coming and going from the lab as her hormones dictate, eating and drinking in the lab, even having a not-so-brief make-out session in the lab.  In my experience, none of those things happen in the majority of labs. 

Just to keep things balanced, Brown gives us a "hero" (Spencer) who makes his rather large income by trading stamps.  We're talking yacht, sailing around the world, kind of income.  Okay....

And don't even get me started on the identical twin........   

No comments:

Post a Comment