Sunday, April 24, 2011

Texas! Sage

Texas! Sage  is the final book in the Texas trilogy by Sandra Brown.  Even before I started reading the book, I expected it to be more mature than its predecessors.  What did I base that on?  The size of the book.

Still definitely a romance story, this installment is just a little more fleshed out than the two books that came before it.  Brown took a little more time to develop both the story and characters.  It's a little less Texas-cliche.

While I was happy to see a little more of Brown's maturity as a writer, there was one aspect that struck me as odd.  The secondary characters seemed more substantial than the hero and heroine.  Maybe it's because Brown already wrote stories that focused on those characters.  Maybe those characters just grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment