Sunday, January 20, 2013

What you would shoplift

"What do you want?" Bob asked as we walked into Walgreen's.

"Just a Dr. Pepper.  Hey, I need to go to the bathroom.  I'll meet you up front." I kissed him on the cheek and moved off toward the back of the store before he could protest.

Down one aisle, a left hand turn, and a peek back over my shoulder to let me know he wasn't watching.  This was way too embarrassing to let him know about. 

I made my way to the back corner of the store.  There it was, next to the small freezer case.  My favorite aisle.  Full of things that I couldn't bring myself to buy, but couldn't live without. 

Looking around to make sure no one was watching, I pulled my black drawstring bag off of my shoulder.  Quickly opening it, I grabbed what I had been dreaming about.  I pulled a Snuggie down from the shelf above and ripped it out of its package.  Wrapping it quickly around my Perfect Tortilla pan, I hoped that Bob wouldn't notice that my bag was larger than when we entered.

I tucked my treasure into my sack and rushed up front to find Bob.  As I walked, I tried to imagine what new delights I would see on TV tonight.  They were always better in person than they were as seen on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment