Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Make a case for your favorite fruit

I have to make a case for this fruit.  (And yes, it is a fruit!)

I have to build a case, lock it inside, and never eat it again.  This fruit tried to kill me!

Did you know that if you are allergic to latex, you may also have reactions to avocados, bananas, kiwi fruit, and chestnuts?  I had heard the rumor, but eaten avocado in the past with no issues.  Surprise!

One bite of guacamole was enough to make my tongue and throat start to swell.  I was lucky, in that I realized what was happening and didn't eat anymore. 

The problem is that I love avocado.  It is creamy.  It is rich.  It loves to hang out with tomatoes, onion and jalapeno (some of my other favorite plants) in delightful guacamole.  It is hard for me to be in the room with that kind of deliciousness and not scarf it down.

So maybe I shouldn't make a case for avocado.  Maybe instead I should make a casket.  So that I can bury it and mourn its passing from my life. 

Farewell fond friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment