Sunday, November 15, 2015

NaNoWriMo: Half-Way!!!

NaNoWriMo is half-way over!! I am still alive. Mostly.

I am still ahead, but not as far ahead as I was last week. Currently, I stand at 28,859 words (a little less than 2000 words per day). I intend to write more today— I really want to get to 30,000 before the night is through.

In the spirit of a picture is worth a thousand words, here is my pretty stats image from the nano website:





It looks like I am sailing through.

Here’s the problem. I have reached the midpoint of the novel. I should be celebrating. I’m halfway there! The issue is that I am what is called a pantser. I do not outline before I write. I tried this time, I really did. In October, I figured out the inciting incident, some initial plot points, and a midpoint. And then I got stuck. I didn’t know what my main character would do from there to get out of the bind I had put her in. I still don’t. I have a hint of an idea of what the climax will be. But I don’t know how Kassandra gets there. I am waiting for her to show me. She just managed to call Apollo from wherever Greek gods hang out when they aren’t making trouble for mortals, hopefully that leads somewhere.

This is going to take many long walks to work out. I don’t really have time for that, so we’ll see what happens. It’ll all be fine.

Right?

If you have any ideas for complications that can plague Kassandra in her quest to free her twin brother from Apollo’s clutches, let me know. I clearly need all the help I can get!!

No comments:

Post a Comment