Sunday, November 8, 2015

NaNoWriMo, Day 8

It is November 8th, otherwise known as Day 8 of National Novel Writing Month. I thought it might be nice to post an update on my status.

So far, I am doing far better than I expected.

I started working full time again about ten days before NaNo began. I was very worried about my time. Would I be able to squeeze in 1667 words per day while working 40 hours per week? I doubted that I would be able to do it.

To be on track at this point in the month, writers should have 13,333 words by the end of the day. I have 15,981 with seven hours left in the day. I am over 2000 words ahead of target! (And I might write more later tonight…)

If I keep this up, I will have over 60,000 words at the end of the month, and possibly the entire first draft of my novel.

The reality is, I probably won’t maintain my current pace (around 2000 words per day). It’s tiring. And there’s that whole Thanksgiving day and following turkey hangover coming in a couple of weeks. Those will definitely take time away from writing.

The other problem I am trying to ignore right now is that I have no idea what happens after the midpoint of my book. I have great plans that will back my main character into a horrible position. I really have no idea what she will try to get out of it. I have no idea what will finally work for her. Or if anything will. Maybe I am actually writing a tragedy. I have no idea!

Kassandra better be on her game, because SHE is going to have to figure out the second half of my novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment