Monday, August 8, 2011

The second summer of the sisterhood

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares is like slipping into a pair of well-worn jeans and sharing a pint of cookie dough ice cream with your best friends.  I was hesitant to revisit the sisterhood, fearing that like many sequels, this book could not possibly live up to the original.

I was wrong.

Brashares writes such amazing characters that you are immediately pulled into the plots that circle this group of young women.  Each of these characters is flawed.  But not over the top flaws.  They suffer the same flaws we all do- selfishness, insecurity, jealousy, anger, denial.  All those things we wrestle with in the course of discovering who we are and then living with that reality day to day. 

I love these girls. 

I miss my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment