Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Deja dead

Kathy Reichs and I got off to a rough start.  I picked up Deja Dead expecting to solve a case with the Temperance Brennan I know from the TV show Bones.  That Dr. Brennan is not in this book.  Reichs writes about a forensic anthropologist named Temperance Brennan, but that is where the similarities end.  It took me a little while to adjust to this difference in character.

My patience paid off.  While this Dr. Brennan is not nearly as socially awkward and quirky as the TV version, she is still a strong, determined women.  Just battling a different set of demons.  And if you are looking for the Bones-Booth love story, it's not here either.  (Although I suspect a romance subplot with a detective to appear in  a later novel).  This debut novel is all about Tempe recognizing and feeding the urge to go out and get the bad guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment