Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blood lines

Blood Lines by Tanya Huff is the third book in a series.  I haven't read the first two.  I think I should have.

Sometimes you can pick up a sequel and know that there were things that came before but not feel like you missed them.  In this case I did.  This story centers around a woman who is in "intimate" relationships with two men.  One of the men is a cop.  The other is a vampire.  The three are attempting to work together to deal with a mummy that is causing chaos.

The situation is awkward.  But I didn't get to fully appreciate why.  Vicki's relationships with each of the men are established before this book begins (I would assume one in each of the previous novels).   This story builds on and deals with those relationships.  Since I didn't see them in their early days, I felt like I was missing part of the story.

This novel also takes it a step further and inserts the question "Which will she choose?"  That question isn't answered in this novel.  I am left feeling like I watched the middle segment of a 30 minute sit-com.  I missed both the intro and the conclusion of the primary issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment