Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May was meh (What I Read)

In May, I finished 13 books (that makes me 4 ahead on my GoodReads reading challenge):

Feverborn by Karen Marie Moning
The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
Pen on Fire by Barbara DeMarco-Barrett
Song of Susannah by Stephen King
Beware the Little White Rabbit by Shannon Delany and Judith Graves (eds.)
This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Saga Volume One by Brian K Vaughn and Fiona Staples
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
This Side of Home by Renee Watson
Map of Fates by Maggie Hall
The Practice of Deceit by Elizabeth Benedict
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

This was an odd reading month for me. I read a lot, but there is nothing on this list that I am madly in love with. There isn’t even anything here that I have a lot to say about. I feel very meh about this list. That makes me sad.

Reading should take you somewhere, put you in a world or a situation that differs from your everyday life. It should be an amazing vacation.

I’m not sure why nothing on this list really did it for me this month. Maybe it was just the luck of the book-draw.

Maybe I myself am meh. It is possible that all of these books are beyond amazing and if I had read them at a different time I would be raving about them right now. (Is that the readers version of “It’s not you, it’s me?”)

All I can do is read on. I know that another book will come along and hit me at the right time to knock my socks off.

Does this ever happen to you? Have you read a book that you know you would/should love, but you just didn't love it right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment